Grievance Redressal Policy of NSCBIP
The College has a Students’ Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC). The functions of the Committee are to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance Redressal Committee is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Grievance Redressal Committee members in person. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be sent in writing. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the GRC. Email email@example.com
The objective of the GRC is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-Staff relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box have been installed in front of the Academic Building Entrance in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, may put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, staff members and College administration.
- Advising all staff members to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Anti Ragging Committee.
The Committee deals with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of Grade Cards, Bonafide Certificates, Conduct Certificates.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for academic, library, hostels, meals, etc,
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport etc,
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in the format attached and drop it in the complaint box.
- The GRC will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The GRC will take up only those matters which have not been solved by the different departments.
- Grievances related to fees etc will be taken up only if the relevant financial documents like demand drafts etc are attached.
A registry to register the compliant is established and kept in the Principal office under the Supervision of Mr. Bikram Kar, Office Assistant. On receipt of the Compliant, the staff in-charge of the registry will submit the same to the Member Secretary of the GRC. The Committee will meet, with an information to the complainant on their day of Convenience. An aggrieved Student or Parent may appear in person to present his/her case.
The Grievance Redressal Committee shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the Administrative or Academic Committees constituted by the Institute.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, etc.
- Decisions made by the Institute with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the Institute about admissions in any courses offered by the Institute.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
Establishment of a Grievance Redressal Committee.
In order to comply with the AICTE Regulation for addressing, student or Parent’s grievance in a Technical Institution, “Grievance Redressal Committee” of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Institute of Pharmacy has been constituted with following Staff-members in different positions to
enquire the nature and extent of grievance. The committee can suggest the final action to be initiated at the institutional level for the redressal of the same.